Black Bean Burgers
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 can black beans
- 1½ Tbsp chili powder
- 1½ Tbsp hot sauce
- ¾ cup oats
- 1 egg or 1 Tbsp of ground flax seed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the bell pepper, onion, and garlic in a food processor until chopped finely (or chop by hand).
- Drain and rinse the black beans and add to the processor.
- Pulse a few times, but do not over-process.
- Add the chili powder, hot sauce, oats, and egg. To substitute the egg, combine the flax seed with 3 Tbsp of water and simmer.
- Mix everything until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Form your patties on the sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip, and bake for another 10 minutes.